Exams at Mizzou Online Exam Room
- You must be eligible to take your exam at time of your request.
- Appointments are required.
- Seats are subject to availability.
- We require two business days advance notice.
- Final exams MUST be scheduled a minimum of two business days before your course end date.
To schedule an exam,
- Select the "Request an Exam" option listed in your course home page
- In the exam information section, click “Request This Exam” on the exam you are eligible to take. If ineligible, you will receive an error message listing the reasons you are unable to test.
- Click “Continue” under “I will take my examination at Mizzou Online's office”
- Select 3 dates and times you wish to schedule your exam. Please choose test dates and times that do not conflict with your campus classes and exams, work, or other commitments.
- Please allow at least 2 business days for the appointment time to be approved. Exam requests received after 2 pm CST may not be processed until the following business day.
136 Clark Hall Exam Office - Appointment time blocks are Monday — Friday:
- Block 1: 9 a.m. — 11 a.m.
- Block 2: 11 a.m. — 1 p.m.
- Block 3: 1 p.m. — 3 p.m.
- Block 4: 3 p.m. — 4:55 p.m.
All student exam activity ends at 4:55 p.m. Our office closes at 5 p.m.
Exams must be submitted before the office closes regardless of the time limit allotted for the exam. Exams longer than 2 hours are not eligible to be scheduled in Block 4.
Note Business days are Monday through Friday except for University holidays.
- Only 1 cancellation is permitted.
- Missing your appointment is considered a cancellation.
- We appreciate a minimum of one business day advance notice of a cancellation. Such notice should be sent via email to Exams@Missouri.edu.
- You will be notified of your cancellation and given instructions on how to reschedule.
- Note Rescheduled appointments must be a minimum of 7 days from your original appointment; please plan accordingly.
- If you fail to keep the rescheduled appointment you will need to take your exam elsewhere with an approved proctor, unless you have documented extenuating circumstances.
- The only other approved testing site in Columbia, MO is MU Testing Services located in Parker Hall; this site will assess a proctoring fee. A formal request must be submitted through your course site in order to test there. We require a minimum of one business day advance notice to deliver exams.
We offer an evening block from 5:00 pm to 6:55 pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month (excluding holidays.)
To take an exam during the scheduled evening hours, you must:
- Be eligible at the time you request the exam
- Request an appointment at least two business days in advance
- Email Exams@Missouri.edu to request a seat
Note Evening exams must start by 5 p.m. and end at 6:55 p.m. Exams longer than two hours are not eligible for evening sessions.
Tips for students
- Schedule all exams as early as you are able because seats are limited and fill quickly during peak times such as finals week.
- If you are unable to obtain a seat in our office, you may schedule your exam elsewhere with an approved proctor. The only other approved site in Columbia, MO is MU Testing Services located in Parker Hall; this site will assess a proctoring fee. A formal request must be submitted through your course site in order to test there. We require a minimum of one business day advance notice to deliver exams. You may use the exam request link in your course to determine other pre-approved off-campus locations.
- We recommend that you complete your course at least 3 weeks prior to the course expiration date or the date you need to have a report of credit.
- Please review the Self-Paced Course Completion Guidelines to ensure you meet your deadlines.
- Refer to the self-paced course completion PDF to plan your work and if you need assistance with a course completion plan, please contact email@example.com.