Exams Outside Columbia, Missouri area
If you wish to take your exam at any site other than the Mizzou Online Exam Room:
- Select the "Request an Exam" option listed in your course home page.
- In the exam information section, click “Request This Exam” on the exam you are eligible to take.
- Enter the first three digits of the Zip code of the institution where you plan to take your exam or 'none' if it has no Zip code.
- Obtain the protor’s name, job title, phone number and work-sanctioned email address before submitting the request.
- Allow at least 2 business days for the exam site and proctor to be approved. Exam requests received after 2 pm CST may not be processed until the following business day.
Important You must be eligible to take an exam at the time of your request.
You are responsible for finding a proctor, scheduling a testing time with your selected site, and for any accrued proctor fees and expedited shipping/return fees.
- Exams will be mailed via standard U.S. Postal Service to the approved testing site. Please allow 7-10 business days for in-state delivery and 10-14 days for non-Missouri locations within the continental USA.
- Expedited shipping is available for a fee, please contact 1-800-609-3727 for more information.
- It is recommended that you contact a potential test site in advance of requesting your exam to ensure proctoring services are available and to obtain the current proctor’s contact information.
- We instruct proctors to return untaken exams three weeks after they arrive at the proctoring site. Please schedule your exam promptly.
Finding an Approved Proctoring Site
Approved proctors typically include:
- Any public library; or, the library of any accredited university, college, or community college, under the supervision of a certified professional librarian
- Any accredited university, college, or community college testing center
- National testing centers: http://www.ncta-testing.org/find-a-cctc-participant
- International testing centers: http://www.whed.net/home.php (Proctors must read and speak English fluently in order to administer the exam.)
- Any university of Missouri Extension Center in the state: Northeast Missouri, Northwest Missouri, Southeast Missouri, Southwest Missouri
- The distance education offices of institutions that are members of the University Professional Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- U.S. Embassies
- Military base education or training officers
Expedite Exam Shipping
If you are under a time constraint or testing internationally, please contact Mizzou Online for information regarding expedited delivery and/or return of your exams. Call 1-800-609-3727 for rates.
- Paying for expedited delivery does not speed the processing of an exam request, only the delivery of the exam.
- Your proctor may return your exam electronically. You are responsible for any fees for this service assessed by your proctoring site. The original hardcopy of the exam must still be returned to our office.
- Expedited shipping is strongly suggested for all exams being sent outside of the USA. It may take 4-8 weeks for exams sent via standard postal mail to arrive at international locations. Return postage is not included. You must provide the proctor with a postage paid mailer from the courier service of your choice.