Business administration: Online bachelor’s degree completion
Bachelor of science in business administration (BS BA)
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Successful completion of a bachelor’s requires 120 credit hours of course work, including at least 66 credit hours in the College of Business major and 54 credit hours of general education requirements.
We recommend you complete at least 54 credit hours of applicable college course work before applying to this program. See admission requirements under How to apply below.
If you apply as a transfer student, the admissions office will determine your transfer credit once they receive your official transcripts and application. Visit the University of Missouri Core Equivalency site to determine credit equivalencies from courses taken at other Missouri institutions.
Pre-admission course work requirements (minimum 54 credit hours)
Common MU equivalents are listed below. Courses are 3 credit hours each, unless otherwise noted.
- ECONOM 1014 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECONOM 1015 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECONOM 3229 Money, Banking and Financial Markets
- ENGLSH 1000 Exposition and Argumentation or equivalent*. Typically known as Composition II at other institutions.
- MATH 1100 College Algebra or equivalent*. Pre-, basic or intermediate algebra is not equivalent.
- MATH 1300 Finite Math
- MATH 1400 Calculus for Social and Life Sciences I
- Writing intensive courses* (6 credit hours). Two approved MU writing intensive courses that have ENGLSH 1000 as a prerequisite. One of these must be 3000 level or higher and within your major field of study.
- POL_SC 1100 American Government.
- STAT 2500 Introduction to Probability and Statistics I
- STAT 3500 Introduction to Probability and Statistics II
- Electives (6 credit hours)
*You must complete these courses with a grade of C- or better.
Business administration courses (66 credit hours)
Take your courses in the sequence noted below. Courses are semester-based and 3 credit hours each, unless otherwise noted. The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed.
|Year 1 Fall|
|BUS_AD 1500 Foundations of Business and Professional Development Principles (2 credit hours)|
|ACCTCY 2026 Accounting I|
|ACCTCY 2258 Computer-Based Data Systems|
|MRKTNG 3000 Principles of Marketing|
|MANGMT 3000 Principles of Management|
|Year 1 Spring|
|BUS_AD 2500 Intermediate Professional Development Principles (2 credit hours)|
|ACCTCY 2027 Accounting II (self-paced)|
|MRKTNG 4220 Consumer Behavior|
|MANGMT 4020 Human Resource Management|
|MANGMT 3300 Introduction to Business Processes and Technologies|
|Year 1 Summer|
|FINANC 3000 Corporate Finance|
|MANGMT 4010 Operations Management|
|Year 2 Fall|
|MANGMT 4030 Organizational Behavior|
|BUS_AD 3500 Advanced Professional Development Principles (2 credit hours)|
|MANGMT 4420 Collective Bargaining (self-paced)|
|FINANC 4500 Principles of Real Estate|
|MRKTNG 4000 Marketing Management|
|Year 2 Spring|
|FINANC 4630 Introduction to Risk Management and Insurance|
|MANGMT 4970 Strategic Management|
|MANGMT 3540 Introduction to Business Law|
|MANGMT 4140W Business Communication|
|MANGMT 4700 Principles of Entrepreneurship|
|Year 2 Summer|
|BUS_AD 4500 Professional Development Program – Internship|
The University of Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Trulaske College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and was the first public business school to earn this prestigious accreditation.
How to apply
You may apply to the online bachelor of business administration program as a transfer student if you have at least 54 credit hours of course work from a regionally accredited college or university.
If you have 54 applicable credit hours, please follow the steps below.
- Fulfill the transfer admission requirements
- Completed at least 54 credit hours of applicable college course work, including the equivalent of MATH 1100 or ENGLSH 1000 with a grade of C- or better.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in your transfer college course work.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
Course work for this program begins with the fall semester.
|Apply by||Classes begin|
|Transfer students||July 1
Extended The application deadline has been extended to Aug. 15.
In the online application, you will need to supply:
- Your name and contact information
- Citizenship, residency and visa information (if applicable)
- Names and locations of previous college or high school and dates you attended
You also will need to contact all your previous colleges or universities to request they send your official transcripts to
- Office of Admissions
- University of Missouri
- 230 Jesse Hall
- Columbia, MO 65211
You can check admission requirements, transfer equivalencies and financial aid opportunities within the application.
Ask us about this program
For information about academic issues or course content, please contact
This program is administered by the Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business.