ExecMBA: Online master’s degree
Master of business administration (MBA)
Delivery of this program is blended. You will complete most course work online and visit campus four times each year for a total of eight Friday-Saturday sessions with your cohort. Courses are eight weeks long. You will take four courses each semester.
You also will take part in an international residency, visiting two global locations over nine days.
The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed. The chart below shows when the courses are traditionally offered.
Year 1 Fall
|Accounting for Managers|
|Advanced Managerial Marketing|
Year 1 Spring
|Economics for Managers|
Year 1 Summer
|International Business and Global Experience|
Year 2 Fall
|Operations and Supply Chain Management|
|Innovation and Corporate Entrepreneurship|
Year 2 Spring
|Portfolio Theory and Financial Statements|
|Competitive Marketing Strategy and Brand Management|
|Business Environment and Strategy|
The curriculum also includes the Professional Advancement Series, in which you will receive personalized coaching and personal assessment, plus a series of webinars and onsite workshops.
The University of Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Trulaske College of Business is accredited by AACSB International and was the first public business school to earn this prestigious accreditation.
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- At least five years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Current full-time employment.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GMAT/GRE scores are not required.
Mark your calendar
The execMBA has only one start date per year, in August.
|Early bird application||Dec. 1|
|First application||March 1|
|Second application||May 1|
|Final application||July 1|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted via the application system. Your recommender may also submit these directly to the execMBA team at execMBA@missouri.edu or by mail at 306 Cornell Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia MO 65211.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Personal statement (500 words) addressing the following topics:
- Describe the most significant business-related challenge you have faced in your career, how you approached the situation and the outcome. How will earning an MBA help you approach similar challenges in the future?
- Tell us about your personal and professional goals. How do you expect the Trulaske execMBA Program to help you achieve these goals? Above all, what do you expect to gain from the experience?
- Most execMBA candidates have demanding jobs, as well as important family and personal obligations. How do you plan to manage your time during the program?
- Résumé or CV including:
- Professional experience and accomplishments, including the month and year for all listed positions (e.g. January 2008–December 2010).
- Leadership experience, including managing people, projects, budgets, etc.
- Current salary/annual income.
- GMAT or GRE scores will be considered but are not required. If you’ve taken one of these tests and feel the score would strengthen your application, please submit them (code 596-15-82 for GMAT or code 6875 for GRE).
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Degree/Delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program: Business Administration/Master of Business (MBA)/execMBA
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: Institution Code 6875 (if applicable)
Once you have submitted all required materials, the admissions committee will review your application and respond within five days.
Interviews are by invitation only and are required for everyone considered for the program.
Ask us about this program
For information about academic issues or course content, please contact
This program is administered by the Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business