Finance: Online master’s degree
Master of science, finance (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Delivery mode: Blended: International experience practicum required
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $35,216.70*
* This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online finance master's degree can help you
The MU online finance master's program is unique among Missouri schools in offering an international experience practicum in global finance. Choose an optional concentration in financial management, investment management or real estate. If want to become a chartered financial analyst (CFA), or if you're ready to move up in your finance career, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is blended: You may complete all course work online but a one-week international experience practicum is required*.
Courses follow 4- and 8-week sessions. Students with full-time jobs typically take one course per 8-week session and finish the program in two years plus a summer.
Course work covers
- Financial databases
- Financial modeling
- Financial statement analysis
- International financial markets
* If a student is unable to travel due to immigration visa or other travel restrictions, an alternative international business elective would be taken in place of the international experience.
Accelerated option for MU undergraduates
If you are a Mizzou undergraduate within 30 credit hours of graduation, you may be able to begin graduate course work and receive your master's degree in as little as one semester plus one summer session. Learn more.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business