Agricultural leadership, communication and education: Online master's degree
Master of science in agricultural leadership, communication and education (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources | Division of Applied Social Sciences | Department of Agricultural Education and Leadership
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 32
- Estimated program cost: $17,440*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A master’s degree in agricultural education from MU can help you develop your leadership skills and prepare for a role in the public sector or industry. If you want to advance your career in agricultural or extension education, communication or informal adult education, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in less than three years.
Course work covers
- Leadership theory
- Advanced teaching methods
- Evaluating educational programs
- Research methods and design
- Technical communication
- Adult education
Great Plains AG*IDEA
Great Plains AG*IDEA is a consortium of 19 universities offering fully online graduate programs and courses in agriculture disciplines. Students apply to and are admitted by one university, enroll in all of their courses through that university and graduate from that university. However, the online courses are taught by faculty in the discipline from several universities.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the CAFNR Department of Agricultural Education and Leadership.