Positive Coaching: Online Master's Degree
Master of education in educational, school and counseling psychology with an emphasis in positive coaching (M Ed)
Take your team, your classroom, even your school's entire student body to higher levels of motivation, personal investment, optimal performance, achievement, success, satisfaction, pride, and fulfillment by enrolling in an online master's degree with a focus in positive coaching from the University of Missouri's College of Education.
This 30-hour online M Ed program is the first of its kind in the nation. Drawing knowledge and understanding from the finest theories and concepts of sport psychology, coaching psychology and positive psychology, this program comprises a fusion of ideas to deliver the most cutting edge strategies for coaching, instructing and leading individuals, teams and large groups to attaining and appreciating the very best of personal excellence.
This program is perfect for all athletic coaches, classroom teachers, club and organization advisers, counselors and administrators.
This program does not provide teacher certification, nor any professional licensure.
Positive Coaching is all about:
- Striving for excellence;
- Achieving optimal performance;
- Teaching and modeling the process of success;
- Leading a group of individuals to becoming a highly effective team;
- Communicating with followers just as we would wish to be communicated with by our leaders;
- Respecting and protecting the self worth of everyone;
- Being demanding without being demeaning;
- Shaping each individual's will without breaking their spirit; and
- Realizing that it does matter that we win, because
- it absolutely does matter that we win in the life of every athlete, every student, and every person for whom we serve as coach.
Master of Education - Positive Coaching '15 | Columbia, Mo
Aspiring coach, Brad Wolf needed to juggle classes, family and career to get his degree. An online master's degree from Mizzou's College of Education was exactly the opportunity he was looking for.
The program is coordinated by Dr. Rick McGuire, director of sport psychology for University of Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics, graduate professor of sport psychology and founder of the Missouri Institute for Positive Coaching. For 27 years, Dr. McGuire was Missouri's head track and field coach, was twice a member of the United States Olympic staff and is nationally recognized in the field of coaching education. The instructional staff also includes several distinguished faculty from the University of Missouri College of Education and recognized leaders from Mizzou's Athletic Department.