PK–12 educational leadership and administration: Online master’s degree
Master of education in educational leadership and policy analysis with an emphasis in PK-12 educational leadership and administration — elementary and secondary principal certification (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Delivery mode: Blended, some campus visits required
- Credit hours: 31–37
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $12,632.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in PK–12 educational leadership and administration from MU offers opportunities for professional growth in school and district leadership. If you want to be an effective, responsive, courageous and professional leader in education, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is blended: Much of your course work will be online, but some courses have on-campus weekend sessions three or four times a semester. Meeting dates and times are subject to change each semester.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester, including summers, and finish in under two years.
Course work covers
- Data-driven and evidenced-based decision-making
- School improvement
- Ethics and policymaking
- Providing professional development
- Finance and law in schools
- Politics of school leadership
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis.