Mathematics education: Online educational specialist degree
Educational specialist in learning, teaching and curriculum with an emphasis in mathematics education (EdSp)
- Program type: Educational specialist degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $12,225*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online educational specialist degree in mathematics education from MU is the only program of its kind in the state of Missouri. If you have already completed a master’s degree and are seeking additional education related to leadership, curriculum development, research and improving your teaching skills, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
The online educational specialist degree in mathematics education is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. However, you may choose to enroll in electives that require face-to-face meetings on campus.
Classes follow the same schedule as on campus. Students typically take one or two classes each semester, including summers, and finish in two years.
Course work covers
- Mathematical leadership
- Mathematics teaching and learning
- Research and research methods
- Contemporary equity issues
- Technology to enhance learning
- Applied statistics
Note This program does not lead to initial teacher certification.
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.