Mental health practices in schools: Online master’s degree
Master of education in educational, school and counseling psychology with an emphasis in mental health practices in schools (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 34
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $14,160.66*
* This price is for illustrative purposes only and is based on academic year 2018 information. It includes standard in-state graduate tuition of $352.60 per credit hour, a College of Education supplemental fee of $41.70 per credit hour, and an Information technology fee of $13.49 per credit hour. It does not include your application fee, textbooks or course materials. Additional fees may apply. Course fees vary from department to department. Your actual costs may differ depending on your course choices. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in mental health practices in schools from MU will help you improve your classroom management skills and build resiliency and optimism in children and adolescents. If you want to promote positive mental health among youth, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester, including summers, and finish in two years.
Course work covers
- Assessing, identifying and managing atypical behaviors
- Collaborating with families, community agencies and school personnel
- Communicating with parents, children and school personnel
- Diversity issues in schools
- Evaluating and implementing evidence-based programs
- Effective intervention strategies and resources
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology.