TESOL: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 18
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $7,496.82*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
A graduate certificate in TESOL from MU can help you advance your teaching career in contexts where English is taught as a second or foreign language. If want to help non-native speakers tap the possibilities offered by the English language, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are generally semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes per semester and earn their graduate certificates in under two years.
Course work covers
- Structure of the English language
- How languages are used and learned
- Design and implementation of tasks to facilitate language learning
Note This program does not confer K–12 ESOL certification in any U.S. state. If you are interested in pursuing Missouri K-12 ESOL certification, visit the Missouri K-12 ESOL certification preparation page for more information.
Compare TESOL options
The University of Missouri offers three online TESOL programs. All programs are 100 percent online. Compare them today and see which one is right for you.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum .