Energy efficiency: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in energy efficiency
The online graduate certificate in energy efficiency is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Successful completion of the program requires 12 credit hours of course work from several disciplines.
The chart below shows when the courses are traditionally offered. Courses are 3 credit hours each, unless stated otherwise. The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed.
|MAE 7355 Industrial Energy Analysis
Required course; may be taken at any time in the program.
|ARCHST 7325 Energy Efficient Building Design||X||X|
|CH_ENG 7464 Electrochemical Reaction Engineering Science|
|ECE 7480 Test and Evaluation of Electrochemical Devices||X||X|
|MAE 7001 Lighting Technology|
|CV_ENG 7232 Water and Wastewater Treatment Facilities||X|
The University of Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States.
How to apply
- Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed undergraduate degree in engineering from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- Consent of the faculty coordinator prior to enrollment.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are not required.
Send in your application in time.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Résumé or CV. Please explain any significant gaps in educational or work experience.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports for applicants whose native language is not English.
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/Delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program: Energy Efficiency- Online (Grad Cert)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: Institution Code 6875 (if applicable)
Ask us about this program
For information about academic issues or course content, please contact
This program is administered by the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.