Health science: Online bachelor’s degree
Bachelor of health science in health science (BHS)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Department of Health Sciences
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Total credit hours: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 64 credit hours
- Typical program cost: $23,214.36*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 64 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
About the degree
The online bachelor’s degree in health sciences from MU is a nonclinical degree that can help you prepare for a career in a health-related field. If you want to start a nonclinical career or work toward a graduate or professional program in health care, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. You may fulfill your requirements within the degree with a mixture of semester-based and self-paced courses.
Core course work covers
- Introduction to health professions
- Public health principles and practice
- Introduction to research
- Health care in the United States
- Clinical ethics
- Hands-one experiential learning
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Health Sciences.