Health science: Online bachelor’s degree
Bachelor of health science in health science (BHS)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Department of Health Sciences
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Total credit hours: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 64 credit hours
- Typical program cost: $22,567.60*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 64 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the credit you deserve
A bachelor’s degree in health sciences from MU can help you complete a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field. If you want to start a non-clinical career or work toward a graduate or professional program in health care, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. You may meet your course work requirement with both semester-based and self-paced courses.
Core course work covers
- Clinical ethics
- Public health principles and practice
- Health care in the United States
- Health care leadership
- Health literacy
- Introduction to research
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Health Sciences.