Health Informatics: Online Graduate Certificate
Leadership in the development, use and evaluation of information technology in health care is in high demand. With this 12-hour graduate certificate in health informatics, professionals in the health services industry have a new option for advanced study.
This University of Missouri department of health management and informatics graduate certificate program consists of four courses. The course work is online, but some weekend campus visits are required for this certificate.
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Information Security and Policy in Health Care
- Enterprise Information Architecture in Health Care
- Decision Support Systems for Health Care
The certificate program is designed for physicians, nurses, managers, information system designers, consultants and others committed to the application of information technology for improving the quality, safety and efficiency of health services. Students may choose to continue their informatics study with the online master of science in health informatics program.
The certificate course series covers numerous timely topics, including:
- Clinical, research and administrative applications of information systems in health services delivery.
- Analysis of technical and policy issues surrounding the security of data.
- Organization, development and improvement of the infrastructure necessary to support an enterprise information system for patient care.
- Application of principles and techniques of decision support systems in health care.
Tuition for online graduate courses are charged at in-state rates. Tuition for undergraduate courses is dependent upon residency. For details about tuition and additional course fees, visit the Cashier's Office site.
Visit the department of health management and informatics website for admission requirements and application procedures.
For more information, contact:
Other HMI Offerings
The department of health management and informatics, housed within the MU School of Medicine, also offers two executive online master's degrees: a master of health administration and a master of science in health informatics. In addition, students can choose on online graduate certificate in health ethics. On-campus opportunities include a PhD and MS in health informatics and a master of health administration.