Health Sciences: Online Bachelor's Degree Completion
Bachelor of Health Science (BHS)
Prospective students need to meet the University of Missouri's transfer admissions requirements in order to receive admission to MU. The Health Sciences online program does not require a separate application so please visit the MU Admissions website for full details, questions, and to apply: https://admissions.missouri.edu/apply-transfers/
Once admitted to the University and the Health Sciences online program, students must maintain the 2.0 GPA, term and cumulative, to remain in the Health Sciences program. Students who fail to achieve that GPA may stay in the program for one probationary semester. If the 2.0 term or cumulative GPA is not achieved after one probation semester, students must transfer out of the Health Sciences program.
- Prospective students must first complete the application for transfer students through MU Admissions, which can be found here http://admissions.missouri.edu/apply/. This can either be filled out online or printed out and submitted via mail. The online Health Sciences program does not require its own separate departmental application.
- If you have previously attended MU you need to fill out the Former Student Request for Re-admission for Undergraduate Studies document. You need to have official transcripts of all college work completed since attending MU sent to the MU Admissions Office.
- Request and send in a copy of high school (if you have less than 24 hours of college credit) and college transcripts.
- You will need to contact all previous colleges/universities and request official transcripts be sent to the MU Admissions office. There may be a small fee involved in these requests.
- Use a valid MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit card (or check or money order if applying by mail) for the $50 application fee.
Send all application materials to:
- Office of Admissions
- 230 Jesse Hall
- Columbia, MO 65211
You may be wondering: How much credit will Health Sciences program accept and for what specific courses? This depends on past credit, accredited institutions, and transfer equivalencies to MU.
The Admissions office will determine the transfer credit once they receive your official transcripts and application. They will then evaluate the credit and post them for you and the academic adviser to view in myZou.missouri.edu
Prior to applying, please refer to the advising sheet and curriculum requirements of the program to see what courses you may still need. First, be sure you meet the MU Admissions requirements before considering applying (see information above).
Course work completed at regionally accredited four-year institutions and community/junior colleges will be accepted without limitation. However, transfer students must complete all course work required for the Health Sciences program, including MU general education requirements. Keep in mind that MU does require the last 30 of 36 college credit hours be taken at MU. Therefore, 30 hours will be the absolute minimum course credits you will have to take at MU.
To check whether your previous institution(s) is "regionally accredited," please check the following website: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
To determine credit equivalencies, visit https://admissions.missouri.edu/apply-transfers/credits-transfers/