Data science and analytics: Online master’s degree
Master of science in data science and analytics (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: MU Informatics Institute
- Delivery mode: Blended; some campus visits required
- Credit hours: 34
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Estimated program cost: $35,694.90*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in data science and analytics from MU will provide you with the knowledge, tools and experiences to turn big data into smart data. If you want to help companies in any industry solve their complex data problems, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is blended; some campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically finish the program in two years.
Course work covers
The program provides unique curriculum emphases in six different disciplines:
- Geospatial concentration area (coming soon)
- High performance computing
- Human centered design for data
- Strategic communications and data journalism
Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award
Are you a veteran, active duty service member, Reservist, National Guardsman, or a military spouse or dependent and want to study online?
See if you’re eligible for the Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award.