Data science and analytics: Online master’s degree
Master of science in data science and analytics (MS)
Delivery of this program is blended; two campus visits are required.
In the first year of the program, you will come to the MU campus for a weeklong intensive application of the core curriculum and to execute a project from beginning to end.
In the second year, you will visit campus again to showcase your capstone design and to participate in a weeklong, intensive collaboration with industry partners.
Successful completion requires a minimum of 34 credit hours.
Courses are 3 credit hours each, unless otherwise indicated. The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed.
|Core courses (19 credit hours)|
|DATA_SCI 7600 Introduction to Data Analytics|
|DATA_SCI 8610 Statistical and Mathematical Foundation for Data Analytics|
|DATA_SCI 8620 Database and Analytics|
|DATA_SCI 8630 Data Mining and Information Retrieval|
|DATA_SCI 8640 Big Data Security|
|DATA_SCI 8650 Data Visualization|
|DATA_SCI 8660 Data and Information Ethics|
|Concentration area courses (9 credit hours)|
|Advanced courses (6 credit hours)|
|DATA_SCI 8680 Big Data Analytics Case Study (3 credit hours)|
|DATA_SCI 8690 Big Data Capstone (3 credit hours)|
The University of Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States.
How to apply
- Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are not required.
Submit your application in time.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Letter of interest describing why you wish to pursue a master’s degree in data science and analytics, plus a short biographical statement and any other information you feel might support your application.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports for applicants whose native language is not English.
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/Delivery: Masters-Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program (choose one):
- Data Science and Analytics/Biotechnology-Distance (MS)
- Data Science and Analytics/Data Journalism-Distance (MS)
- Data Science and Analytics/Geospatial Concentration-Distance (MS)
- Data Science and Analytics/High Performance Computing-Distance (MS)
- Data Science and Analytics/Human Centered Data-Distance (MS)
- Data Science and Analytics/Strategic Communications-Distance (MS)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: Institution Code 6875 (if applicable)