Tuition and Fees
View current Mizzou tuition and fees.
In addition to the per-credit-hour tuition, you will be required to pay certain fees. See fee descriptions. Nonresident fees apply to undergraduate courses for those without Missouri residency.
Some MU schools and colleges charge supplemental course fees. These are in addition to tuition and other fees. See “Course Fees” at the Cashiers website.
Distance degree programs with different tuition rates:
Several degree programs charge different tuition, including:
- Architectural Studies — graduate
- Big 12 Engineering Consortium — graduate and undergraduate
- eMINTS — graduate
- Great Plains — graduate (Youth Development, Gerontology, Personal Financial Planning)
- Great Plains — undergraduate
- Health Management and Informatics (Health Administration, Health Informatics, Health Ethics)
- Journalism (Media Management, Strategic Communication)
- Nursing — graduate
- Vet Med Biomedical Courses — undergraduate (Online out-of-state vet tech students may qualify for scholarship assistance. Contact Dr. C.B. Chastain at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
Late registration fee for semester-based courses
A fee equal to one credit hour is charged if you enroll on or after the beginning date of any course.
Visit the Cashiers Office website for details.
Tuition and fees for self-paced courses
University of Missouri self-paced courses offered through MU are billed at the same rate as on-campus undergraduate or graduate courses.
Administrative fee: Each self-paced course enrollment carries a nonrefundable $25.00 administrative fee.
Tuition for UMSL and Missouri S&T self-paced courses:
Self-paced courses offered by UMSL (University of Missouri-St. Louis or Missouri S&T (Missouri University of Science and Technology) are billed at the current rate of tuition from those campuses.
- Undergraduate tuition rates for UMSL including non-resident fees
- Undergraduate and graduate tuition rates for Missouri S&T including non-resident fees
Admission Application fee (for degree-seeking applications):
Undergraduate and Graduate (U.S. applicant): $55
Undergraduate (International applicant): $60
Graduate (International applicant): $75
Proof of Payment
If you need a receipt for fees paid, contact the Office of Cashiers and request a Paid Fee Letter. The Paid Fee letter will only be mailed to the address on your official record. Only one request per semester. The following information is necessary to process your request: name, address, student number, semester for which you are requesting a receipt.
The University reserves the right to increase or decrease the fees charged for attendance and other services at the University when the Board of Curators considers it in the best interest of the University to do so. Any increase in fees must be approved by the Board of Curators not less than thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the academic term (semester, etc.) to which these fees will be applied. Any change in fees will be effective irrespective of whether fees have or have not been paid by or on behalf of a student prior to the effective date of the modification.