Tuition and Fees
View an estimated cost for your program of interest by visiting the Degrees and Programs and choosing your subject.
You can find detailed information on Fees for Distance/Online Programs on the Office of Cashiers website.
- Online, nonresident undergraduate students will pay a small nonresident fee in addition to tuition.
- Online graduate students pay in-state tuition regardless of residency.
- In addition to the per-credit-hour tuition, you will be required to pay certain fees, such as the information technology fee. See Explanation of Fees.
- Some MU schools and colleges charge supplemental course fees. These are in addition to tuition and other fees. See Course Fees.
- Each self-paced course enrollment carries a nonrefundable $25.00 administrative fee.
Higher tuition rates apply to courses in the following programs:
- Architectural Studies
- University Engineering Alliance
- Data Science and Analytics (MS)
- Energy Efficiency (Grad Cert)
- Great Plains
- Agricultural Leadership, Communication and Education (MS)
- Food Safety and Defense (Grad Cert)
- Early Childhood Education in a Mobile Society (BS HES)
- Family and Community Services (MA)
- Financial and Housing Counseling (Grad Cert)
- Gerontology (MA)
- Gerontology (Grad Cert)
- Personal Financial Planning (MS)
- Personal Financial Planning (Grad Cert)
- Youth Development (MA)
- Youth Development Program Management and Evaluation (Grad Cert)
- Youth Development Specialist (Grad Cert)
- Health Administration (MHA)
- Health informatics
- Nursing - graduate
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (DNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Leadership in Nursing and Health Care Systems (MS)
- Nurse Educator (MS)
- Nursing (PhD)
- Nursing Leadership and Innovations in Health Care (DNP)
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (DNP)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Public health – graduate
- Vet Med Biomedical
- ExecMBA (MBA)
Late registration fee for semester-based courses
A fee equal to one credit hour is charged if you enroll on or after the beginning date of any course.
Visit the Registrar's website for details.
Admission application fee (for degree-seeking applications):
A one-time enrollment fee of $300 is assessed for undergraduate students. Payment of the fee is the first step in the registration process.
Undergraduate (U.S. applicant): $55
Graduate (U.S. applicant): $65
Undergraduate (International applicant): $65
Graduate (International applicant): $90
Proof of payment
If you need a receipt for fees paid, email the Office of Cashiers and request a Paid Fee Letter. The Paid Fee letter will only be mailed to the address on your official record. Only one request per semester. The following information is necessary to process your request: name, address, student number, semester for which you are requesting a receipt.
The University reserves the right to increase or decrease the fees charged for attendance and other services at the University when the Board of Curators considers it in the best interest of the University to do so. Any increase in fees must be approved by the Board of Curators not less than thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the academic term (semester, etc.) to which these fees will be applied. Any change in fees will be effective irrespective of whether fees have or have not been paid by or on behalf of a student prior to the effective date of the modification. For more information on tuition and fees, visit the Office of Cashiers.