The University of Missouri has the following requirements relating to self-paced course completions:
- You may not complete a self-paced independent learning course in less than 6 weeks from the day you submit your first lesson. You have up to 6 months from your course start date to complete a course.
- If you drop a course within the first 2 months of enrolling there will be no notation of the course posted on your official transcript.
- If you withdraw from a course after the second month of enrollment (after the deadline to "Drop without Penalty") you will receive a grade of "W" or "F" from the instructor, depending on your performance at the time of withdrawal.
- If you withdraw from all of your courses (withdrawing from the university) after the second month of enrollment, you will receive a grade of "W" or "F" from the instructor, depending on your performance at the time of withdrawal.
- If you have not completed your course or withdrawn from it by the end of your authorized enrollment period, ordinarily you will receive an "F."
- The course or term (university) withdrawal should be received/dated no later than one week (seven days) prior to the 6 month course end date.
Credit for graduation or other requirements
If you need to earn credit in time for graduation, certification, or another personal deadline, keep in mind that you should complete all of your work, including examinations, at least 3 weeks before you need to have your report of credit.