The University of Missouri is required by law to make available to enrolled students, prospective students, and their parents certain information about its operations. Such information pertains to:

  1. general institutional operation
  2. financial aid
  3. general completion and graduation rates
  4. annual security report
  5. completion and graduation rates for student athletes
  6. athletic program participation rates and financial support
  7. distance education

To meet the requirement, information for the University of Missouri is provided for items 1-6 at the following website: Consumer disclosure information for distance education is below.

Consumer Disclosures Related to Distance Education at the University of Missouri

Online Degree Programs and Courses for Students at a Distance

Note This information is subject to change. If you have concerns or questions, please contact Mizzou Online at 573-882-2491.

Online undergraduate courses are found in the University of Missouri Undergraduate Catalog:

Online graduate programs and courses can be found in the Graduate Catalog:

For information about state authorization for distance education providers, see

Alabama residents:

  • Regarding teacher education: State authorization to provide a program related to the preparation of teachers or other P-12 school/system personnel does not indicate eligibility for an Alabama certificate. Applicants for an Alabama certificate based on reciprocity must meet Alabama's test requirements and submit a valid, renewable professional educator certificate/license issued by another state at the degree level, grade level, and in the teaching field or area of instructional support for which an Alabama certificate is sought and for which Alabama issues certificate. Applicants for Alabama certification in an area of administration must also document at least three years of full-time employment as an administrator in a P-12 school system(s).
  • Regarding nursing education: State approval of a program to offer Alabama licensed nurses opportunities for advanced degrees does not indicate eligibility for approval to practice as an advanced practice nurse in Alabama. Applicants for approval in Alabama are required to meet the Alabama requirements for national certification, graduation from a specific-type program for the advanced practice approval, and completion of the appropriate application. Any program offering a pre-licensure track to Alabama students shall meet the requirements of the Alabama regulations for pre-licensure programs or the graduates may not be eligible to take the national licensure examination required by the Alabama Board of Nursing to enter the practice.
    Note The above information concerns general rules of licensure for Alabama. We can enroll Alabama residents seeking enrollment in the Nursing PhD program.

Arkansas residents: Note that all students should be aware that these degree programs may not transfer. The transfer of course/degree credit is determined by the receiving institution.

Maryland residents: The University of Missouri is registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission and is authorized to offer online education to MD residents as long as the programs don't require in-Maryland experiences (e.g. Supervised clinical courses) except for the Doctor of Nursing Practice with an emphasis in family nurse practitioner (DNP). Complaints should be directed to: Maryland Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul St., Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-528-8662/888-743-0823 (Toll Free). Students who are Maryland residents and coded as "Mizzou distance students" are subject to this refund policy.

Massachusetts residents: You are not eligible to enroll in courses or programs that require in-MA clinical experiences (e.g. Supervised clinical courses). You are eligible to enroll in any of our online classes or programs that don’t require in-MA experiences, including the nursing Ph.D.

Minnesota residents: The University of Missouri is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.

New York residents: You ARE eligible to enroll in any of Mizzou's online programs that do not require in-New York clinical experiences. You are not eligible to enroll in courses or programs at Mizzou that require supervised clinical experiences. This means we cannot accept applications from NY residents for online nursing or social work programs that have clinical practica; the nursing Ph.D. is open to NY residents.

North Carolina residents: You are not eligible to enroll in Mizzou's online undergraduate nursing classes or programs that lead to initial licensure. North Carolina residents ARE eligible to enroll in the RN to BSN or in any of Mizzou's online graduate nursing courses or programs, including the nursing Ph.D.

Oregon residents: You are not eligible to enroll in courses or programs that require in-Oregon clinical experiences (e.g., supervised clinical courses), specifically social work programs and also nursing programs that require direct face-to-face patient-care clinical experiences or that lead to a new level of nursing licensure. You are eligible to enroll in any of our online courses/programs that don't require in-Oregon experiences, including the nursing RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MS Nurse Educator, MS Care Manager, MS Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare Systems, DNP Nursing Leadership & Innovations in Healthcare and the nursing Ph.D.

Texas residents: Texas residents who have complaints to be resolved must follow THECB Rules 1.110-112, accessing the THECB site. For Title IX, visit the Texas Secretary of State site.

Washington residents: You are not eligible to enroll in courses or programs at Mizzou that require in-Washington clinical experiences (e.g. Supervised clinical courses). You are eligible to enroll in any of our fully online courses/programs that don't require in-Washington experiences, including the nursing Ph.D. For more information, see this Washington State Department of Health web page.

Complaint Resolution

We want you to have the best educational experience possible in your time as a student with the University of Missouri. If you have a complaint about an online course or program, please use this form to submit your concern: Your concern will be logged and you will receive a reply within a few business days.

If we determine that your inquiry should go to a faculty member, an academic unit or another service unit on campus, we will let you know, and you will need to contact that office.

Some situations can be resolved by reviewing processes for certain actions:

If you experience a problem, or have a concern or complaint, you may inform any staff member and expect prompt assistance. The University of Missouri desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an efficient, fair and amicable manner. Complaints regarding any aspect of University of Missouri operations will receive prompt attention when filed directly with University of Missouri authorities.

If an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development:

  • Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development
  • 301 W. High Street, Suite 840
  • Jefferson City, MO 65101

The MDHEWD process can be found here

If you live in California, which is not currently in SARA*, you can file a complaint by using this state contact information:

If you live outside of Missouri, you can file a complaint in the state where you reside by using state contact information, or file a complaint not pertaining to student conduct or student grades by using SARA institutions if your institution is in SARA.

As new states, territories and protectorates join SARA, we will provide updates.

*SARA is the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement; see website at States and institutions may join SARA.