Application Deadline: January 29, 2019
Provide maintenance and support for Mizzou Online’s hardware and software systems. Purchase and install computer and peripheral equipment. Assist staff with hardware and software issues.
- Provide user training and assistance for PC and Mac hardware and software. Assist students and instructors with course technical problems. Maintain and ensure functioning of exam computer lab equipment including over 50 computer stations.
- Create queries to generate reports to specification from SQL database. Add, update and maintain data within internal databases.
- Manage resource accounts in order to produce appropriate levels of permissions in Exchange. Manage RedBooth users and provide support. Manage Turnitin users for Mizzou Online courses. Manage mass email sent by Mizzou Online. Lead support for Zoom video teleconferencing software.
- Requisition, receive and install new computer equipment and/or peripherals. Requisition new software and maintain licenses. Set up a wide range of computer systems from tablets to PCs per unique specification. Maintain computer equipment inventory.
- Perform software upgrades and updates as required. Use campus computer management tools as assigned.
- Research solutions to computer hardware and software problems and demands. Contact and work with service provider for hardware failures during warranty period of equipment for repair or replacement. Stay abreast of new technology.
- Assist with testing of internally developed software as needed. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.