Exams at Mizzou Online Exam Room
- You must be eligible to take your exam at time of your request.
- Appointments are required.
- Seats are subject to availability.
- We require two business days advance notice. Final exams MUST be scheduled a minimum of two business days before your course end date. See Tips for Students.
To schedule an exam,
- Select the "Request an Exam" option listed in your course home page
- In the exam information section, click "Request This Exam" on the exam you are eligible to take. If ineligible, you will receive an error message listing the reasons you are unable to test.
- Click "Continue" under "I will take my examination at Mizzou Online's office"
- A minimum of two business day notice is required.
- Review the seating calendar. You will only see times where seats are available. Select and confirm your preferred date and time. Please choose an appointment time that does not conflict with your campus classes and exams, work, or other personal commitments.
- You will receive an automated email confirming your test appointment. Please review the message carefully and familiarize yourself with the Test Day Procedures section below.
Exams are given in 10 Heinkel Building unless otherwise notified. The Heinkel Building address is 201 S. 7th Street. Please use the 7th Street entrance and take elevator or stairs to basement. Mizzou Online does not validate parking or offer parking passes. You may also view available parking spaces on the MU Parking and Transportation Services website.
Appointment time blocks are Monday — Friday:
- Block 1: 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Block 2: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Block 3: 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Block 4: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Block 5: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Block 6: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Block 7: 3 p.m. to 4:55 p.m.
All student exam activity ends at 4:55 p.m. Our office closes at 5 p.m.
Exams must be submitted before the office closes regardless of the time limit allotted for the exam. Exams longer than 2 hours are not eligible to be scheduled in Block 7.
Note Business days are Monday through Friday except for University holidays.
We offer evening blocks from 4:00p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and from 5:00 p.m. to 6:55 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of each month (excluding holidays.)
Note Evening exams must start by 5 p.m. and end at 6:55 p.m. Exams longer than two hours are not eligible for the 5 p.m. session.
Test day procedures
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before the scheduled testing time. Late arrivals will not be permitted to test.
- Use bathroom, review notes, and/or finish food or drink items before entering the check in area.
- Place all personal belongings in a locker. No cell phones, smart watches, personal electronics, bags, wallets, hats, coats/jackets, sunglasses, books, notes, food or drink are permitted in the exam area.
- Bring and present a photo ID (e.g., valid MU ID, driver's license, passport, or military ID).
- Give ID and locker key to proctors before receiving test materials.
- Turn out pockets and roll up sleeves at request of proctors.
Testing center staff will:
- Check student photo ID, then retain the ID and locker key at check-in station.
- Request student to turn out pockets and roll up sleeves.
- Provide the student with testing materials and instructions.
- Direct the student to a specified seating area (where student will be under both visual and video observation)
- Enforce exam time limits.
- Ensure that students do not use any prohibited materials/resources.
- Collect all scratch paper and other test materials.
- Return ID and locker key at end of exam.
- Only 1 cancellation is permitted.
- Missing your appointment is considered a cancellation.
- You are able to complete one cancellation in your Course Status page. Click the “cancel my exam” link and follow the prompts.
- Once you confirm the cancellation, you will be able to enter a new appointment request. The two business day minimum will apply.
- Rescheduling may not always be possible or in your best interest if your class meets one of these criteria: expires in four weeks or less from the date of the original appointment, it fulfills a financial aid benefit- such as a PELL grant, or it is required for graduation at end of the current term.
- If you do not keep an appointment, we will list you as a no-show which will count as the one allowed cancellation.
- If you have questions about how a cancellation may affect you, please contact Mizzou Online before cancelling your appointment.
- If you fail to keep the rescheduled appointment, you will be prohibited from requesting the exam for a third time. You will be required to take the exam elsewhere with an approved proctor, unless you have written documentation of serious, extenuating circumstances. Contact Exams@Missouri.edu with questions about cancellation of a second appointment.
- The only other approved face-to-face testing site in Columbia, MO is MU Testing Services located in Parker Hall; this site will assess a proctoring fee. A formal request must be submitted through your course site in order to test there. We require a minimum of one business day advance notice to deliver exams.
Tips for students
- Schedule all exams as early as you are able because seats are limited and fill quickly during peak times such as finals week.
- If you are unable to obtain a seat in our office, you may schedule your exam elsewhere with an approved proctor, or with Examity, if listed as a testing option. The only other approved site in Columbia, MO is MU Testing Services located in Parker Hall; this site will assess a proctoring fee. A formal request must be submitted through your course site in order to test there. We require a minimum of one business day advance notice to deliver exams. You may use the exam request link in your course to determine other pre-approved off-campus locations. If testing off-campus, UPS delivery may be required to ensure your exam arrives in time to meet your deadline. Please call Mizzou online for UPS shipping information.
- We recommend that you complete your course at least 3 weeks prior to the course expiration date or the date you need to have a report of credit.
- Please review the Self-Paced Course Completion Guidelines to ensure you meet your deadlines.
- Refer to the self-paced course completion PDF to plan your work and if you need assistance with a course completion plan, please contact email@example.com.