Business: Online master’s degree
Master of science in business (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Delivery mode: 100% online*
- Credit hours: 36 (some waivers may be available)
- Estimated program cost: $30,204.06**
* Additional in-seat graduate certificate options are available. Please talk to the Trulaske College of Business to determine what graduate certificates work best for you.
** This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online business master’s degree can help you
This program is ideal for working professionals hoping to be more competitive in their career and to become eligible for promotion and leadership opportunities. With an interdisciplinary approach, the online master’s in business gives you the flexibility to customize your course work to fit your career and life goals. From the Trulaske College of Business and in collaboration with many other schools and colleges at MU, this program delivers a well-rounded and valuable business education.
Program structure and topics
The online master of science in business is 100 percent online: no campus visits required. Additional in-seat graduate certificate options are available.
Students have the option of attending full-time or part-time depending on personal preference and availability.
This master’s is a customizable interdisciplinary program that allows you to craft a business degree which suits your specific educational needs and career goals.
- Start with business core courses designed to introduce students to graduate-level concepts in each of the primary business disciplines: accounting, finance, marketing and management;
- Choose a certificate offered by the Trulaske College of Business to achieve a high level of depth in an area of your interest;
- Choose a second Trulaske certificate OR an approved certificate offered by a partner MU school or college to customize your study.
Meet our faculty
Chris Prestigiacomo, PhD
Associate Teaching Professor
Professor Prestigiacomo teaches Accounting for Managers (ACCT 7310). He holds the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation and that of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). Dr. Prestigiacomo has served with Financial Analysts Review, Stalla and Cengage to assist CFA candidates in their test preparations.
Michael Dorigan, PhD
Assistant Teaching Professor, Online MS in Finance Program Director
Professor Dorigan teaches Managerial Finance (FIN 7410). He is the founder and principal of Conversion Financial Services, a wealth management and financial planning practice. Dorigan has written for the Journal of Fixed Income, the Handbook of Fixed Income Securities and the Handbook of Municipal Bonds, among others.
This program is administered by the Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business