Digital humanities: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in digital humanities
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Education | School of Information Science and Learning Technologies
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Estimated program cost: $5,436.36*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
The digital humanities graduate certificate from MU equips you with skills in interdisciplinary humanities research using new digital technologies — skills that university researchers and public and private sector employers recognize as essential in the 21st century.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: No campus visits are required. However, you may choose to enroll in electives that require face-to-face meetings on campus.
Courses are semester-based. If you study part time and take one course each semester, you will complete the program in just over one year.
Course work covers
- Digital humanities and information
- Organization of information
- History of books and media
- Various optional electives that are relevant to digital humanities. Including:
- Ethics, data and information
- Designing games for learning
- Interaction design
- Internship in information science and learning technologies
- Electives in arts and science, education or journalism
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies. SISLT is a proud member of the iSchools consortium, an international coalition of leading information schools.