Multicultural education: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in multicultural education
The online graduate certificate in multicultural education is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Successful completion of the program requires two core courses and 6 credit hours of electives.
The chart below shows when the courses are traditionally offered. Courses are 3 credit hours each, unless stated otherwise. The University reserves the right to change or cancel courses as needed.
Core curriculum (6 credit hours)
|ESC_PS 8450 Diversity Issues in School Mental Health||X|
|ESC_PS 8550 Diversity and Multiculturalism II - Practical Application||X|
Electives (6 credit hours)
|ESC_PS 8555 African American Education - Historic and Current Issues||X|
|ESC_PS 8565 Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues in the Schools||X|
|ESC_PS 8560 Immigrant Issues in Education||X|
You must submit a graduate certificate plan of study to the Graduate Studies at least one term before graduation.
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- GRE scores are not required.
Mark your calendar
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work.
- TOEFL or IELTS score reports for applicants whose native language is not English.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/Delivery: Graduate Certificate- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic Program: Multicultural Education (Grad Cert)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: Institution Code 6875 (if applicable)
Ask us about this program
For information about academic issues or course content, please contact
This program is administered by the Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology.