Global public health: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in global public health
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Master of Public Health Program
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 15
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Estimated program cost: $6,715.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
A graduate certificate in public health from MU can help you understand the global dimensions of public health issues and strengthen your ability to work effectively with culturally diverse communities. If you are a public health professional looking to expand your core knowledge or a professional in another area exploring the world of public health, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
The online graduate certificate in public health is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in a year and a half.
Course work covers
- Contemporary global health issues, programs, best practices, and stakeholders and constituents
- Individual, organizational and community concerns, assets, resources and deficits for community-based global health interventions
- Cultural competency and skills related to populations such as refugees, immigrants and migrant workers
- Diversity and cultural competency in the development and implementation of public health interventions in domestic and international settings
- Designing and evaluating public health programs in developing countries
Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award
Are you a veteran, active duty service member, Reservist, National Guardsman, or a military spouse or dependent and want to study online?
See if you’re eligible for the Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award.
This program is administered by the Master of Public Health Program.