Public health: Online bachelor’s degree completion
Bachelor of health science in public health (BHS)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree completion
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Department of Health Sciences
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission; Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Total credit hours: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 60 credit hours
- Typical program cost: $23,926.20*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 60 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the credit you deserve
A bachelor’s degree in public health from MU will help you advance your career in the health care and prevention field or prepare you to enter the workforce in a number of core areas of public health, such as health education, epidemiology, health policy and environmental health. If you are interested in promoting and protecting the health of people and the communities where they live – instead of helping people only once they get sick — this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. The length of your program depends on how many credit hours you transfer and whether you study part time or full time.
Core course work covers
- Social and behavioral health
- Global health
- Environmental health
- Public health ethics
- Health care management
- Health promotion programs
- Chronic diseases and public health approaches
- Qualitative methods in public health
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
This program is administered by the Department of Health Sciences.