Care management: Online master’s degree
Master of science in care management (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: Sinclair School of Nursing
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 33
- Estimated program cost: $17,866.29*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online care management master’s degree can help you
As patient health care management needs become increasingly more complex, the need for care managers grows exponentially. The online master’s in care management program at MU prepares graduates to go beyond bedside practice and into this high-demand field. With an interdisciplinary approach, this program educates health care professionals on how to improve health outcomes, enhance care quality and reduce health care costs among their patients.
This program supports preparation for national certification as a care manager through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (nurses), American Case Management Association (health care disciplines), and the Commission for Case Manager Certification (health care disciplines).
- Communicate, collaborate and engage individuals and families, health care professionals and health care systems.
- Facilitate appropriate use of health care resources in order to deliver high-quality, high-value care in all health care settings.
- Critique, assimilate and evaluate research, technology, health care costs and informatics data as a basis for promoting health, improving health care coordination and influencing changes at the systems and policy level.
- Advocate, through leadership and policy, for all persons in need of health care coordination regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability and military, veteran or socioeconomic status.
- Practice professional accountability and behavior consistent with the Code of Professional Conduct for Case Managers.
Live webinar: Oct. 9! Register today.
Join us for a live information session and learn more about the online care management master’s program from MU's Sinclair School of Nursing.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically complete part-time study plans in three years.
Course work covers, among others
- Foundations of care management
- Pharmacology, pathophysiology and physical assessment
- Nursing and health policy
- Evidence-based care management practice for individuals and populations
- Quality, safety and performance outcomes
Meet our faculty
Amber Vroman, MS(N), RN, CMSRN
Instructor of Nursing
- Family and community medicine
- Nursing of older adults
- Care coordination
Laurie Popejoy, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Transitional care/discharge planning
- Advance care planning
- Health information technology education
This program is administered by the Sinclair School of Nursing