Veterinary biomedical technology
Online courses, undergraduate dean's certificate and component of bachelor degrees
- Program type: Individual courses
- Academic home: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 15
- Estimated program cost: $6,562.35*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the credit you deserve
Studying veterinary biomedical technology online with MU can help you build on your knowledge of biomedical sciences, become a specialist in veterinary technology or further your research skills. If you are a veterinary technician in the workplace, a pre-veterinary student without career-relevant veterinary elective courses, or an undergraduate studying at an institution without a veterinary college, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
These veterinary biomedical technology courses are 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. Classes are semester based.
Course work covers such topics as
- Proper care and handling of animals
- Principles of normal and abnormal life processes
- Routine laboratory and clinical procedures
- Scientific principles related to veterinary and biomedical sciences, including pathophysiology, hematology, anatomy, pharmacology, neurology, equine critical care, nursing, animal welfare and ethics.
Academic scholarship for veterinary technicians
An academic-based scholarship is available for veterinary technicians who have graduated in the top 10 percent of their veterinary technician class and achieved ACT scores of 27 or higher. Recipients also must be working toward an online MU degree or certificate in veterinary biomedical technology. Learn about tuition and financial aid.
Veterinary online programs are administered by the College of Veterinary Medicine.