*Applicants submitting by the priority deadline are guaranteed a response within two weeks.
Get started with MUApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education and any course work beyond the undergraduate level.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 92 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 62 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 185.
- GRE scores are not required.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
|Fall||Feb 1 (priority deadline)* or May 1||August|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Personal statement (up to 1,000 words) describing your experience in teaching, helping or counseling; your interests and career objectives and how these interests and career objectives have developed; how the program will benefit your career and help you act upon your beliefs, goals and philosophy. Include interests, leadership roles, experience working with diverse groups, or other skills or experiences that distinguish you as a candidate for graduate study.
- Three letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of three people who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work.
- Résumé or CV.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Ed, School and Counseling Psychology/School Counselor, Elementary and Secondary, Certification-Distance
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00
This program is administered by the Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology