Get started with MizzouApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Completed baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- Completed study of a second/foreign language.
- At least six months of teaching experience in a volunteer or professional capacity.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
- GRE scores are not required.
Applications for admission are reviewed when they are received. Applications received by the due dates below will receive priority consideration for the indicated semester. Every effort is made to process applications as quickly as possible.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Personal data sheet and statement of purpose describing your professional goals, why you wish to pursue a graduate degree in TESOL, your teaching experience, your intercultural experience and your experience learning a second language.
- Résumé or CV (optional).
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of one academic reference and one professional reference who can attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. If your GPA is below 3.0 or you are an international student (have an international transcript), three letters are required. The Graduate School will contact your references with instructions regarding the letters.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters– Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc).
- Academic program: Learning, Teaching & Curriculum/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages-TESOL-Distance (MEd)