Minor in public health
Students are encouraged to pursue a minor in public health to deepen their understanding. A minor in public health requires completion of 15 credit hours (9 credit hours from List A, 3 credit hours from List B, and 3 credit hours from List C).
- List A: Introduction to Public Health and Public Health Systems* (9 credit hours)
- P_HLTH 2200 Introduction to Public Health and Health Promotion
- P_HLTH 3310 Social and Behavioral Health Theory and Practice
- P_HLTH 3400 Global Public Health and Health Care Systems
- List B: Public Health Focus Area (3 credit hours, choose one course)
- P_HLTH 3450 Introduction to Epidemiology
- P_HLTH 3460 Introduction to Public Health and Emergency Preparedness
- P_HLTH 3620 Public Health Promotion and Program Planning
- P_HLTH 4350 Principles of Environmental Health for Public Health
- List C: Public Health Elective* (3 credit hours)
*All courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.0) or higher to qualify for the public health minor.
Learn more about minors and how to declare a minor on the MU Advising website.