Get started with MUApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- Board-certified or board-eligible physicians who have already received MD, DO, MBBS or equivalent degrees may apply. Typically, physicians have completed residency training in their primary specialty prior to enrollment, but current residents may apply with the permission of their program director.
- Physicians in clinical or academic fellowship programs (or both) are also welcome to apply. Prospective students with other doctoral and graduate degrees will also be considered (MSW, MPH, DC, etc.).
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test), an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of at least 59 or a Cambridge C1 Advanced score of at least 180.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation. In the online application, you will need to supply names and contact details of two professionals who can attest to your critical thinking, analytical and writing skills, demonstrating your potential as a graduate student and professional.
- Personal statement of research goals and interests.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Verification from residency program or other relevant post-graduate training.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- Additionally, you will undergo a phone interview.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Masters- Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Academic Medicine-Distance (MS)
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00
Application fee waiver questions: Contact MU Graduate Admissions with questions via 573-882-6311 or (800)-877-6312 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Family and Community Medicine