Request more information
Get started with UMKCApply here
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements:
- BSN or MSN from a college or university nationally recognized by a nursing accrediting agency (CCNE or AACN).
- The GPA required for admission is a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (calculated on the last 60 hours of their BSN degree) or a minimum of 3.2 for their MSN.
- Current unencumbered Missouri licensure or unencumbered licensure in the state in which the student completes clinical requirements.
- The following two courses are prerequisites to progression in the MSN and DNP program; however they can be taken at UMKC along with your program of study in the first semester (it is strongly recommended to complete prior to applying).
- Graduate level statistics course with a minimum grade of B.
- A free-standing undergraduate health assessment course which needs to be completed in the first summer or fall semester with a minimum grade of B.
- Personal interviews are required.
|To start classes in
Gather your papers
- Letters of recommendation.
- Proof of RN licensure.
Complete the online application
- Domestic application fee: $45.00
- International application fee: $75.00
Note If you were ever enrolled at UMKC as a degree-seeking student, you do not need to resubmit the general UMKC application fee.
This program is administered by the School of Nursing and Health Studies