Self-paced Enrollment Process
Enrollment procedures: Self-paced 16-week session courses
These courses are designed for students who want the flexibility of a self-paced course, but want or need to finish their course work within a semester timeframe. Each course has a specific start and end date and follows a different schedule than the six month self-paced courses See enrollment FAQs to learn more.
Current Mizzou students
You will use myZou to enroll.
- Use our Course Search to view details about self-paced courses, or you can search all MU courses at myZou.
- To find self-paced courses in myZou, start in the "Student Center," then:
- Use either "Class Search/Browse" or "Add a Class."
- Select a term. Click "Continue."
- Click "Search" to get to an advanced search box.
- Use the "session" pull-down menu and scroll to the option called either "Self-paced Sixteen week" or "Self-paced Eight week-Second." (Near the end of the list.)
- You will need to pick a second criterion somewhere on the search page, such as the Course Subject or Course Career.
- Click "Search."
Keep in mind:
- These courses start and end with the regular MU 16-week or second 8-week academic session.
- These courses have an extended enrollment period. If you add the course later, you still must finish the course by the session end date. See Registration Dates page.
- Even if you finish the course early, your grade will not be posted in myZou until the end of the session.
- Permissions: Students who do not meet prerequisite requirements will need to inquire about getting a permission number from the department offering the course.
- Your bill for your self-paced course(s) will be viewable to you in myZou along with the rest of your student record. See more about payment options »
Former Mizzou students:
If you intend to enroll in MU self-paced courses to complete an MU degree but no longer have access in myZou to enroll, please complete a readmission application first.
Once you've been notified that you have been re-admitted, you will use myZou to complete your enrollment.
New students (interested in taking course(s) as nondegree-seeking)
If you already know what course you want to take, begin by completing one of the following applications for admission to the University of Missouri:
Use to take an undergraduate-level university course.
Use to take a graduate-level course. Must have a bachelor's degree already from a regionally accredited institution.
Once you have submitted your application for nondegree admission, Mizzou Online will contact you with next steps. Once admitted, you will receive information on how to activate your myZou account and enroll in courses.
To access myZou for the first time, you will need your MU student PawPrint and password which you will receive after you are admitted. Visit the myZou for first-time users website for more information.
For more information details, read the self-paced enrollment FAQ.
New students seeking admission to a degree program
If you wish to enroll in courses as a degree-seeking student, you will need to apply to your program of interest. See Admissions section for information.
Textbooks for self-paced courses
You may purchase your textbooks after enrolling by visiting The Mizzou Store.
If you wish to purchase your texts elsewhere, carefully check the textbook ISBN number.
Repurchase of textbooks
If you would like to sell back your textbooks, please fill out the Sellback Form. Once The Mizzou Store receives your form, you'll receive an email with directions. You may also stop by the Textbook Desk located in the lower level of The Mizzou Store at any time to sell back your books.