Season’s Greetings from the Office of eLearning!
As we close out the semester, we wanted to thank you for your partnership in serving students. Your dedication is unmatched and we look forward to working with you in the new year.
Tomorrow: Zoom cloud recording retention changes
Beginning on Dec. 22, 2020, Zoom Cloud Recordings will only be available for 60 days. Recordings prior to Oct. 23rd, 2020 will be deleted.
Faculty should map their recordings to Panopto to retain them. Those recording Zoom events for purposes other than class meetings can download the cloud recordings, then save them on your computer or into Google Drive or One Drive.
VoiceThread is updating the assignment tool this week in preparation for the new term.
The following features will be available beginning Dec. 23, 2020:
- Dictate settings for student VoiceThread creation
- Student gallery of submissions for peer review
- Secondary start/end date so students don’t see a VoiceThread early
- Ability to edit an assignment after its creation
- Three grading progress notices (unattempted, in progress, submitted)
- Ability to reset a student’s submission so they may try again
- The Watch assignment now tabulates video media and comments
The update brings changes to group assignment features. If you’re working ahead on your Spring 21 classes, you may want to wait until after the Dec. 23 update to finalize group assignment plans.
Changes that students will notice:
- Student submissions will only show in the assignment and will disappear from their VT Home area.
- In group assignments, each student must submit their own individual VoiceThread to the assignment by making a copy of the group VoiceThread.
Academic tool pilots
Reminder about the following tools that will be available for your Spring 21 classes:
Email us to sign up and get more information about these pilots.
If you have questions or need assistance, email email@example.com, or call (855) 675-0755 (Mon.-Fri. 10:00 am – 4:00 pm).