Schedule Exams with Examity
A limited number of Mizzou Online courses offer online remote proctoring service through Examity. The Examity option will only appear in eligible courses as a testing option under the Request an Exam link of the course menu.
This service will charge you a proctoring fee based on the length of the test and how far in advance you make the appointment. We recommended that you schedule appointments a minimum of 72 hours (3 days) in advance to avoid paying additional premium service fees and to ensure you obtain an appointment that suits your personal schedule.
Standard fee for exams lasting 90 – 120 minutes: $12.50
On demand scheduling fee:
Appointments made with less than 24 hours advance notice will accrue an additional $5.00 extra per exam AND are subject to availability
$5.00 of the pre-paid appointment fee will NOT be refunded for tests cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the existing appointment
How to use Examity
- Open your class.
- Click the request an exam link, choose Examity.
- Click on Examity proctoring service link on Check Your Progress page.
- Create user profile.
- Run systems check.
- Schedule and pay for exam appointment.
Take the exam
- A minimum of 15 minutes prior to your appointment time, log into your class and open the Check your Progress page.
- Scroll to, then click, the link Logon to Examity proctoring service. The link is directly above the course grading scale.
- You will be redirected to Examity’s site. Follow their prompts to initiate your appointment and access your exam. Refer to the Mizzou Online Student Quick Guide for guidance.
- You must have a photo ID on hand for every exam.
- You must complete the Computer Requirements Check before your exam to ensure your computer is compatible with their system.
- You must have a webcam and microphone enabled.
- It is your responsibility to set up your Examity account and schedule exams in advance of their due dates.
- You will be responsible for paying the proctoring fees for the online service.
- You must plan ahead to have a quiet, private area for your testing session.
- You should plan ahead to insure that you are not interrupted by your cell phone or other people during your exam period. People entering your exam area while you are testing can result in your exam being stopped/ disqualified.
- Your desk/work station must be clear of any notes, books, papers, or personal electronics.
- You are expected to remain at your computer for the duration of the exam. Getting out of your seat or staring off screen is not permitted.
- Important Examity will end your exam session if any of the following behaviors occur and an incident report will be sent to your instructor for further action.
- You leave the room- no bathroom breaks will be allowed.
- Proctor sees another person enter the room or is observed in the room (other than small child/infant).
- Proctor hears you or another person speaking during the exam.
- Proctor hears you rustling papers, or other unusual sounds.
- Proctor sees you access a prohibited item (books, notes, papers, personal electronics, calculators, headphones or other devices) or you attempt to open any programs, additional web browsers, websites or documents.
- Proctor observes prohibited items in your work area during room scan or requested re-scan.
- You refuse to comply with proctor’s request to re-scan work area.
Students with disabilities
If disability-related accommodations are necessary (for example, a note taker, extended time on exams, captioning), please register with the MU Disability Center and send a copy of your Memo of Accommodation to both your instructor and firstname.lastname@example.org. Mizzou Online must have your Memo a minimum of two weeks in advance of the FIRST test date to ensure the instructor has time to adapt the exam.
If you have questions, please email the Mizzou Online Exam Room at email@example.com.