Take your hospitality career to the next level

Quick facts

  • Program type: Bachelor’s degree
  • Academic home: College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
  • Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
  • Delivery mode: 100 percent online
  • Total credit hours: 120
  • Typical transfer student needs: 70 credit hours
  • Typical program cost: $25,509.90*

*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 70 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.

Separate yourself from the pack

No matter where you are on your college journey, a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management from MU will help you stand out. This program offers you a comprehensive learning environment to supplement your hands-on industry experience with the business and management skills you need to excel. If you want to be a forward-thinking, innovative and ethical leader in today's global community, this may be the degree for you.

Career prospects

Salary increase

Source: Median earnings and unemployment rates of full-time wage and salary workers with bachelor’s degrees compared to those with some college but no degree. Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Survey (2015)

This degree may benefit careers in

  • Conference and events management
  • Food and beverage management
  • Lodging management
  • Sport venue management
  • Other hospitality management segments

Program structure and topics

Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.

Core course work covers

  • Hospitality law
  • HR management
  • Professional development
  • Sales and marketing

Reduced tuition

Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.

Learn more.

Ask us about this program

This program is administered by the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.