College teaching: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in college teaching
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $5,200.44*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online graduate certificate in college teaching from MU can help you further your existing career in higher education. If you want to implement best practices in college-level teaching and develop more effective students, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
The online graduate certificate in college teaching is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Classes follow the same schedule as on-campus. Students typically take two classes each semester and finish the program in just one year.
Course work covers topics such as
- Community college
- Curriculum philosophy in higher education
- Teaching methods
- Teaching technology
- Theories of teaching and learning
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis.