Early childhood special education/autism: Online master’s degree
Master of education in special education with an emphasis in early childhood special education and autism (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Special Education
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $13,903.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in early childhood special education and autism from MU will help you design, deliver and evaluate services to children from birth to age 5. If you want to advance your career working with young children with autism and other disabilities, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically take one or two classes each semester and finish in two years.
This program emphasizes
- Assessment methods
- Characteristics of children with autism, including those who are high functioning
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Home-based models for infants and toddlers
- Language and early literacy development
- Research-based intervention strategies
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Special Education .