Educational studies: Online bachelor’s degree
Bachelor of educational studies with an interdepartmental emphasis (BES)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Total credit: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 59 credit hours
- Typical program cost: $21,450.27*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 59 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online educational studies bachelor’s degree can help you
As business and industry demands a more highly skilled workforce, we need educational leaders with experience in solving problems in areas related to community leadership, higher education, creating innovative learning technologies and more. With this degree’s interdisciplinary approach, you can gain skills necessary to influence change in a variety of settings and
- Study education, innovative technology-based learning, leadership, organizational change and policy;
- Build a foundational knowledge in educational theory, research and practice;
- Personalize a program of study based on your career aspirations and interests.
No matter where you are in your career, a bachelor’s degree in educational studies from Mizzou will help you stand out. Prepare to enter the workforce, change your career or advance your current position with MU.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. You may meet your course work requirement with both semester-based and self-paced courses.
Core course work covers
- Career guidance
- Human learning
- Learning spaces
- Information literacy
- Research and data skills
- Project management
- Individual and team leadership
Note This degree does not lead to state certification to teach in the public school system.
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
This program is administered by the College of Education.