Multicultural education: Online graduate certificate
Graduate certificate in multicultural education
- Program type: Graduate certificate
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 12
- Estimated program cost: $5,200.44*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the certificate you deserve
The online graduate certificate in multicultural education from MU can help you teach students from diverse cultural backgrounds effectively. If you have an eye for multicultural sensitivity and a good understanding of the costs associated with insensitivity, this may be the certificate for you.
Program structure and topics
The online graduate certificate in multicultural education is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Online classes follow the same schedule as those on campus. Students typically take two classes each semester and finish the program in just over one year.
Course work will help you
- Develop an understanding of the field of multicultural education
- Increase awareness of personal assumptions, values and biases and the effects these have on your actions and roles as a professional
- Enhance your skills in effectively teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds
Note This program does not provide teacher or school counselor certification.
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Educational, School and Counseling Psychology.