TESOL: Online master’s degree
Master of education in learning, teaching and curriculum with an emphasis in teaching English to speakers of other languages (M Ed)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: College of Education | Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 33
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Teacher Education Accreditation Council
- Estimated program cost: $14,301.21*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A master’s in TESOL from MU can help you advance your career in contexts where English is taught as a second or foreign language. If you are a teacher and want to help non-native speakers tap the possibilities offered by the English language, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Most students study part time, taking two classes per semester, and earn their master’s degrees in just two years.
Course work covers
- Structure of the English language
- How languages are used and learned
- Design and implementation of tasks, assessments, and curricula to facilitate language learning
Compare TESOL options
The University of Missouri offers three online TESOL programs. All programs are 100 percent online. Compare them today and see which one is right for you.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Learning, Teaching and Curriculum.