Respiratory therapy: Online degree advancement
Bachelor of health science in clinical and diagnostic sciences with an emphasis in respiratory therapy (BHS)
- Program type: Bachelor’s degree completion
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Total credit hours: 120
- Typical transfer student needs: 30 credit hours
- Estimated program cost: $12,502.10*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. A bachelor’s degree requires 120 credit hours, but the typical transfer student admitted to this program needs only 30 credit hours to complete this bachelor’s degree. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, residency, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A bachelor’s degree in respiratory therapy from MU will help you provide the hands-on care that assists in recovery and management of a wide range of medical conditions. If you hold the NBRC RRT credential or the Canadian equivalent, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
This program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. You may meet your course work requirement with both semester-based and self-paced courses.
Core course work covers
- Advanced mechanical ventilation
- Adult critical care
- Clinical ethics
- Community and patient education
- Pediatric respiratory care
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
Ask us about this program
This program is administered by the Department of Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences.