Public health: Online master’s degree
Master of public health with an emphasis in health promotion and policy (MPH)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Master of Public Health Program
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 45
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Council on Education for Public Health
- Estimated program cost: $20,146.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
A master’s degree in public health from MU can help you advance your career in population-based or public health service. If you want to promote the health and well-being of communities in Missouri and elsewhere, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in public health is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in two years.
Course work covers
- Principles of public health
- Perspectives in global health
- Public health research methods
- Health care in the U.S.
- Community-based public health interventions
- Health program design and management
Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award
Are you a veteran, active duty service member, Reservist, National Guardsman, or a military spouse or dependent and want to study online?
See if you’re eligible for the Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award.
This program is administered by the Master of Public Health Program .