Veterinary public health: Online master’s degree
Master of public health with an emphasis in veterinary public health (MPH)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: School of Health Professions | Master of Public Health Program
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 45
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Council on Education for Public Health
- Estimated program cost: $20,146.50*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
How an online veterinary public health master’s degree can help you
The online veterinary public health master’s from MU is the first fully online program of its kind in the United States. If you want training in zoonotic disease prevention, food safety and other emerging issues in animal and human health, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
The online master’s in veterinary public health is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Students typically take two classes each semester session and finish the program in three years.
Course work covers
- Emerging zoonoses, pathogens and diseases
- Food safety
- Public health research methods
- Principles of public health
Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award
Are you a veteran, active duty service member, Reservist, National Guardsman, or a military spouse or dependent and want to study online?
See if you’re eligible for the Mizzou Online Military Tuition Award.
This program is administered by the Master of Public Health Program .