Academic medicine: Online master’s degree
Master of science in academic medicine (MS)
- Program type: Master’s degree
- Academic home: School of Medicine | Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission, Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 30
- Estimated program cost: $11,441.10*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid.
Get the degree you deserve
The online master’s degree in academic medicine from MU, the first such degree in the nation to be offered 100 percent online, will provide you with the fundamental knowledge and skills for your future academic career. If you want to pursue your studies while maintaining your current positions and responsibilities, this may be the degree for you.
Program structure and topics
Delivery of this program is 100 percent online: no campus visits are required.
Courses are semester-based. Students typically finish the program in two years.
Course work covers
- Evidence-based medicine
- Health care systems
- Learning strategies in clinical education
- Medical education
- Research methods
In-state tuition rates
As a distance learner in a University of Missouri graduate program, you qualify for in-state tuition rates, regardless of where you live.
This program is administered by the Department of Family and Community Medicine.