Veterinary biomedical technology
Online courses, undergraduate dean's certificate and component of bachelor degrees
- Program type: Individual courses
- Academic home: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Delivery mode: 100 percent online
- Credit hours: 15
- Estimated program cost: $7,020.45*
*This cost is for illustrative purposes only. Your hours and costs will differ, depending on your transfer hours, course choices at Mizzou and your academic progress. See more about tuition and financial aid. Please note that while 15 credit hours will help you earn a certificate and advance you towards a bachelor’s degree, the number of hours you can transfer will impact the number of hours you will need to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Get the credit you deserve
Studying veterinary biomedical technology online with MU can help you build on your knowledge of biomedical sciences, become a specialist in veterinary technology or further your research skills. If you are a veterinary technician in the workplace, a pre-veterinary student without career-relevant veterinary elective courses, or an undergraduate studying at an institution without a veterinary college, this may be the program for you.
Program structure and topics
These veterinary biomedical technology courses are 100 percent online: no campus visits are required. Classes are semester based and are delivered asynchronously, permitting students to study on their own time.
Course work covers such topics as
- Proper care and handling of animals
- Principles of normal and abnormal life processes
- Routine laboratory and clinical procedures
- Scientific principles related to veterinary and biomedical sciences, including pathophysiology, hematology, anatomy, pharmacology, neurology, equine critical care, nursing, animal welfare and ethics.
Want a 10 percent reduction on your tuition? Mizzou Online offers tuition awards for community college graduates, veterans, military service members and their dependents.
Veterinary online programs are administered by the College of Veterinary Medicine.