Get started with MUApply
How to apply
Fulfill the admission requirements
- Completed master’s degree in education from a regionally accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.5 in graduate studies.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate education.
- If English is not your native language, please submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet-based test) or an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application at least six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|To start classes in||Apply by||Classes begin|
Gather your papers
Applying will be easier and faster if you gather these required documents beforehand:
- Teacher Certification The EdSp program is primarily aimed at aspiring administrators who typically hold teaching or initial leadership positions in schools and who desire administrative certifications from the state.
- Transcripts of all previous college or university education. Upload unofficial transcripts in your online application. If you are accepted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Statement of purpose, briefly describing your motivation for completing the program.
- Missouri Educator Profile.
- Résumé or CV displaying relevant organizational or educational leadership experience as well as evidence of consistency between your goals and that of the program's goals.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or C1 Advanced score reports for applicants whose native language is not English. For information on sending test scores, visit the Grad School website.
- Three letters of recommendation (on letterhead with original signature) attesting to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work. At least two letters should be from faculty who instructed or academically advised you.
Complete the online application
Carefully follow the instructions on the application site.
- Upload the above documents in the online application
- Degree/delivery: Educational Specialist Distance (Online/Remote Site/etc.)
- Academic program: Elementary and secondary principal, certification
- Domestic application fee: $75.00
- International application fee: $100.00